Top tips on hosting Christmas Day lunch
In the spirit of the festive season, our team have shared their top tips on making your Christmas Day the best ever!
Preparing the perfect Christmas dinner
Here are some key tips on preparing the most delicious Christmas dinner from our Head Chef – Chris Lester.
Making Christmas dinner
• Make sure your turkey fits in your oven and don’t forget to ensure your roasting dish is big enough.
• Try an alternative to turkey, perhaps lamb or beef would be favoured by your guests.
• Get organised; parboil your vegetables the day before and even your potatoes can be parboiled in advance ready to roast on the big day.
• Make your gravy even tastier by adding in a spoonful of cranberry sauce.
• For the perfect roast potato, give them a good shake in the collider before putting in the oven to roast. This will make them nice and crispy.
Decorating your table and preparing drinks
Gee, our Food and Beverage Manager, shares her suggestions for the best festive drinks and how to make your Christmas table look extra special.
• Pick a theme for your table; even a simple colour scheme can make the table look festive, from traditional red and gold to glamorous rose gold.
• Lay your Christmas day table on Christmas Eve – time can quickly pass by on Christmas Day morning.
• Use a striking centrepiece such as festive flowers or a large candle with fresh green foliage.
• A table runner can add a touch of Christmas sparkle to your table, so match this to your chosen colour scheme.
• Start the day with a classic Buck’s Fizz with your breakfast; simply mix champagne and orange juice for a special way to kick off the festivities.
• Go retro with a snowball – serve advocate with lemonade for a perfect Christmas celebration drink.
• Enjoy a simple post-dinner drink to finish your meal: treat your guests to Irish cream over ice.
• Our suggestion of wine to serve with turkey would be a delicious oaked Californian chardonnay.
If you’d prefer to skip the washing up and treat your friends and family to a magical Christmas Day lunch with us at Holiday Inn Fareham, check our availability by calling 01329 443008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org!