Using our Spirit Health Club in Fareham
Covid-19 announcement: our Spirit Health Club is temporarily closed in line with the Government’s latest guidelines. As soon as we can reopen, you’ll be the first to know – thanks for your patience!
Welcome back to our Spirit Health Club Fareham! Hotel guests staying at Holiday Inn Fareham and our Spirit members can enjoy using our club’s swimming pool and gym.
Please note some of our other facilities remain closed at this time. This is to ensure that we can run the club safely, in line with the government’s guidance.
How we’re keeping you safe
Keeping you safe and happy is our priority, which is why our team has been busy introducing new Covid-19 health and safety measures all around the club. This includes:
- Social distancing throughout the club, with helpful signage and markers to guide you around the club
- Installing hand and equipment sanitising stations
- Spacing out gym equipment, giving you plenty of room to hit your personal best!
- Cleaning more frequently and thoroughly – including before and after any equipment is used so you can enjoy your workout with peace of mind
- Protecting our staff with PPE and Perspex screens at reception
Book your slot at our gym or swimming pool
To maintain safe social distancing around the club, we have temporarily reduced the number of club members who can use the club at any one time. Admission is currently on a first-come-first-served basis.
Our club has also introduced a convenient booking system, which you will need to use to book your slot at our gym, swimming pool or both.*
- You can book a 45-minute time slot for the gym
- You can book a 30-minute time slot for the pool
- Using the gym and swimming pool: if you’d like to use both our facilities, please book an individual slot for the gym and another for the pool later – once your gym session is over you can exit the club and return for your swim later on
Booking and cancelling your slot
You can book your slot online by logging in to your dedicated member area or download our app.
If you’re booking online, you’ll need to activate your account – simply click on the link below and select ‘Activate my Account’. You’ll then need to enter your details, and once this is done you’ll be sent your password via email.
You can also cancel your slot via the app or call us on 01329 845446 up to two hours prior to your booked slot to amend it. You also have the option of being added to our club’s waitlist, so if someone cancels their booking we can make their slot available to you.
Download our app
Book your slots at our club, manage your membership and contact us easily via our app! Follow the below instructions on downloading our Spirit Health Club app.
*Bookings can be made seven days in advance. Bookings open from 08:00am for the following week. Members can only book two sessions per days to multi areas, such as the gym and pool.
Using our Spirit Health Club in Fareham
We need your help to keep our community healthy, happy and safe. When you’re using our club, please keep the following in mind:
- Please wear a face covering when entering the club, when you’re at reception and when you’re in the club’s public areas.
- Come into the Spirit Health Club through the club’s entrance (access through the hotel isn’t possible, just for now!).
- Arrive at the club dressed for your workout – our lockers, changing rooms and showers will be closed temporarily, but the sinks and toilets will be available. If you have mobility requirements and need extra space, please speak to our team.
- Scan your membership card at reception when you enter the club.
- Need to buy something from our club? Use contactless payment as a quick and easy way to buy your essentials.
- Use hand sanitiser before and after you’ve used the equipment.
- Give the gym equipment a clean before and after you’ve used it using the sanitiser from the sanitising stations within the club.
- Stick to the 15-minute time limit on each piece of equipment – this way, all of our members can enjoy the equipment.
- Avoid sharing equipment and when you’re using a new piece of equipment remember to give it a good clean.
- Bring your own water bottle to stay hydrated throughout your workout – our water fountains will temporarily be unavailable.
- Avoid bringing towels into the gym area.
Using our club’s swimming pool
Before you jump on in, there are a few things you’ll need to remember when using our pool:
- To protect other pool users, we’re asking all swimmers to take a quick shower before and after you use the swimming pool using the pool-side showers (don’t worry about bringing your own soap – we’ve got plenty ready for you to use in the shower area).
- To ensure we can safely minimise contact points in our club, please note that the showers, hairdryers and spin dryers won’t be available at this point in time.
- We’ve also introduced a one-way system for entering and leaving the swimming pool area.
Our other club facilities
For now, our sauna and steam room will be closed – we’ll let you know as soon as this changes.
Our exercise classes aren’t running at the moment, and due to social distancing, personal training won’t be available just yet.
Our spa pool is, however, open – if you’d like to use it please speak to our team.
Family Spirit Health Club memberships
Good news! You can bring your little ones to the swimming pool if you’ve got a family membership.
Please keep them supervised at all times, and you’ll all need to follow the Covid-19 health and safety processes we’ve put in place.
If you’re still on a membership freeze and would like to unfreeze your membership, contact our club at email@example.com and we’ll do the rest.
If you have any symptoms related to Covid-19 we’d be really grateful if you could please avoid coming to the club until you feel better – thanks for helping us to keep our club a healthy, safe and happy community.